ddd

Re: Question.

From: apgaylard
Subject: Re: Question.
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 06:29:34 GMT

> Hello,
>
> I  am starting to work with Linux.
> I would like to debug some module of linux.
> My questions are
> Can I use DDD for debug module in linux?
> Can I use DDD for debug kernel?
> Is only remote debug mode should be used?
> I will happy to get any aditional information about this issues.
>

> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Ronnie Vaisman

The real question is "Can gdb be used to debug kernel code?".
If so, then ddd can be used as a front-end to gdb for this kind
of work.  Remember, ddd simply controls the lower-level debugger.

Try looking for information on User-mode Linux; I seem to remember
that it's
debuggable

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail - JUST LIKE THAT
M-Web: S.A.'s most trusted and reliable Internet Service Provider.
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/