ddd

Problem with shared library

From: Roessel Mario
Subject: Problem with shared library
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:56:52 +0200

Hello,

I know, this topic was already discussed in this mailing list but the
solutions I found in the archive did not help me with my problem. But I
hope, someone can help me.

I have an executable that uses a shared library of my own. To run it from
the shell, I set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it works fine.

Now I want to debug this executable with ddd. I do not want to debug the
code of the shared library.
So I start ddd from the same shell and open the executable. But I can not
run the executable in the debugger, because of this error:

error while loading shared libraries: libhmiplugin.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory  Program exited with code 0177.

It seems to me, that ddd does not use my environment from the shell. In the
manual I found a chapter of how to set an environment for my executable.
I used the command "set environment" at the gdb console. But it didn't work.

In the GDB Settings I found an option "Search path for object files". I
added my directory of my shared library, but it didn't work.

Is there something I forgot?

Thanks,
Mario.