ddd

Re: message explanation

From: Tim Combs
Subject: Re: message explanation
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:24:19 -0600

It could be a couple of things that I can think of right off.
Depending on the compiler and debugger there is a
construct called a location expression in DWARF2 debugging entries.
That says that a variable is valid from PC X to PC Y.  When its outside
of that PC range the variable is no longer valid.
-or-
If you have set a watchpoint with an expression (at least this is true
in GDB, I think) and the variable that that expression depends on goes
out of scope (you leave the function or leave the compilation unit  (.o)).
Then GDB disables the watchpoint.

My 2 cents.
Tim
address@hidden