ddd

ddd and jdb problems

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: ddd and jdb problems
Date: 05 Feb 2002 20:48:47 +0000

Whilst ddd is an excellent debugger front end in almost all scenarious
the one area where I've found it's not useful is with jdb.

It seems that ddd has a general lack of understanding about jdb.

Right now I'm trying to debug some java code, I've found the
following problems:

- ddd can't deal with source code being somewhere other than the
  classpath

- ddd can't set the class path without reseting it when you click
  "apply"

- when you specify a jar file with source and classes in it ddd seems
  to cache the class list

- I'm getting the spurious word "debug." attached to the names of
  some of my source files

The result of all this is that I can't tell what the actual config
problem with JDB is.

Has anybody successfully run jdb and ddd?

Nic Ferrier