ddd

Peculiar display behavior using Perl debugger

From: Roger Rasmussen
Subject: Peculiar display behavior using Perl debugger
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 12:46:04 -0500

Hello,

I'm presently trying out DDD 3.3.1 under Solaris 2.6.  I seem to be
unable to permanently get rid of variables from the display window.  For
example, let's say I run a program and start stepping through it.
During that time I display a few scalar variables in the display
window.  Afterwards I decide I don't want to display them any more.  If
I go and rerun the program again and decide I want to redisplay one of
the variables, sometimes it also pops up some of the others that I
previously looked at!

Also, if I keep rerunning a program and let it continue all the way
through using CONT, while a variable is displayed in the window, it
keeps incrementing the number next to the name when I rerun the
program.  Each time I rerun the program, it seems like its trying to
redraw a box for all previous values of the variable which can make the
display refresh take a long time.  What is happening and how can I
change this?
--
"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
                                                -- Henry Spencer