ddd

Debugging programs which fork

From: Harry Dellicker
Subject: Debugging programs which fork
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 06:42:39 -0800

To whom it may concern,

I have been attempting to use gdb / ddd on my linux platforms (Mandrake
8.1 and Slackware 8), to debug programs which use "system" and "popen".
I have found that I cannot debug past the first call to either of these
functions.  If I set a breakpoint in the code following either of these
calls, I get a message from the debugger regarding an "invalid thread
handle".  I have the debugger set to debug the parent after a fork.

Can you give me any advice here?   I assume the debugger should be able
to handle this.

Thanks,
Harry Dellicker