ddd

Re: help: configure problem

From: J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject: Re: help: configure problem
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:04:30 +0100

[Please don't use HTML for mail. This is email, not the web.]

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 17:59:15 -0800, Kam Lee wrote:
> I'm having the seem to be famous "The motif library '-lXm' could not be
> found when running 'configure'.

> I'm sure the 'libXm.so.2' is in /usr/X11R6/lib which I later installed in
> RedHat 7.1. I ran 'ldconfig' after then.

This means you can run applications linked against that library. It does not
mean you can compile and link applications that use that library. For that,
you need to have the library's header files installed, as well as a
"libXm.so" symbolic link to the actual library. Typically these are
available in a separate "-dev" package. Look for that, install it, and try
again.

HTH,
Ray
--
Linux is many, many years away from being an enterprise-ready operating
system that can compete with, and challenge, the Windows platform. There is