ddd

DDD 3.3.1 is available - graphical debugger front-end

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: DDD 3.3.1 is available - graphical debugger front-end
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 20:28:11 +0200

Dear DDD users,

DDD 3.3.1 is now available on the GNU FTP server and soon coming to
a mirror near you.  DDD 3.3.1 brings a couple of minor bug fixes:

- The option to create new displays `left-to-right' is restored upon startup.
- Fortran struct members are accessed as `A%B' instead of `A.B'.
+ Certain structure changes in plotted displays no longer crash DDD.
- You can specify the top-level geometry via `-geometry'.
- The `pydb' debugger has been fixed to work with recent Python releases.
- Ornamented Perl debugger prompts are handled correctly.
- DDD honors the TMPDIR environment variable for creating temporary files.
- The `config.guess' and `config.sub' scripts have been updated.
- Minor compilation problems with GCC 2.7.2 have been fixed.
- Minor compilation problems with GCC 3.0 (prerelease) have been fixed.
- Minor compilation problems with Sun CC have been fixed.
- Minor potential problems with 64 bit pointers have been fixed.

If you did not experience any of these bugs, there is no reason to
upgrade; the bug marked with `+' is the only one that might harm you.
Otherwise, get the recent DDD release via the DDD homepage at

           http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd/

And now for a personal note: In case I do not answer DDD-related mail
in the next weeks, I'll probably be busy at home feeding, nurturing,
changing diapers, playing games, and recovering from sleep
deprivation.  Announcements will be found on my home page, below.

Happy debugging to you all, and a nice May time,

Andreas Zeller

--
Andreas Zeller     Universitaet Passau
                   http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/zeller/