ddd

GDB and DDD

From: Andre du Toit
Subject: GDB and DDD
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:11:20 +0200 (SAST)

Guten Tag!

Ich schreibe Euch dieses E-mail; weil ich nicht wissen was mehr zu tun
uber ein kleines Problem mit GDB.

OK; sorry for the bad German, it has been a while since I spoke let alone
wrote in German.

The problem I have has more to do with GDB; but since I use DDD for
debugging of my code I thought it more appropriate to direct this e-mail
at the people of DDD.

I get the following error/warning message in DDD :

"warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code."

I know there could be a variety of reasons for this behaviour; most
probably it has something to do with GDB and the problem with the newer
kernels; or that is what I read somewhere on the net.

Problem is that the patch I found there seems a bit shaky; and I don't
want to mess around with the GDB sources when I don't really know what I
am doing...

So; if you have time to help me, I would appreciate it very much!

Regards,

        Andre du Toit