ddd

Re: Command Line Argument

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: Re: Command Line Argument
Date: 22 Jan 2001 09:25:29 +0100

Hi!

Edward Russell <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to pass command line arguments to DDD which will get
> passed to my program.  I start the debugger from scripts and
> arguments to my program vary, so I don't want to use "set args" nor
> modify the .ddd/init file.  Is there anyway I can do this from my
> script.

No direct way - GDB doesn't want you to.  However, you can set up
something like a `mygdb' shell script which takes its arguments,
issues `set args ARGS' to some .gdbinit file and execs GDB.  Running
`ddd --debugger mygdb ARGS' will do what you want.

--
Andreas Zeller     Universitaet Passau
                   http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/zeller/