ddd

very basic question

From: Norm Matloff
Subject: very basic question
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:30:16 -0800

I've been an enthusiastic user of ddd for a long time, in the C/C++
realm, but haven't used it with Java before.

My simple question is, why is my program's source code not showing up in
the ddd subwindow?  I type

javac -g x.java
ddd --jdb x

What happens is that ddd does come up, including the jdb subwindow.  The
latter does apparently pick up the symbol table properly, since e.g. I
can query the contents of variables using the "print" command within the
jdb subwindow.  And ddd does properly transmit Step commands to jdb.
But the ddd source code subwindow is blank; I can't see my program
source code.

I am on in the ddd mail list, so please respond directly to me, at
address@hidden  Thanks very much.

Norm Matloff