ddd

Re: building/running on cygwin?

From: Mike Davies
Subject: Re: building/running on cygwin?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:22:23 -0000

> > I forgot to say the main reason for not using it :  it's written in
> > ADAaaaaagh !!!!
>
> And so what ?

So if I wanted to fix a bug or make a change/addition then I would need to
learn another language,  download another compiler, use a different editor
that does colour-highlighting for ADA, etc etc.  And at the end of all that
hassle I still cannot easily incorporate C code for (eg)  FFTs on data, or
indeed any other add-on I might want.

Life is too short to learn a dead language like ADA or Latin or Welsh or
whatever.  If I'm going to all that trouble I would want there to be
someone/something interesting to talk to at the end of it.

I have one basic question about ADA :

Why ?

Mike