dchub-dev

[Dchub-dev] [Bug #3440] Share sizes overflow at 32 bits under openbsd o

From: nobody
Subject: [Dchub-dev] [Bug #3440] Share sizes overflow at 32 bits under openbsd on a pentium
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 03:07:40 -0400

=================== BUG #3440: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3440&group_id=3963

Changes by: Eric PREVOTEAU <address@hidden>
Date: Sat 05/03/2003 at 09:07 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Works for me
         Assigned to | None                      | ericprev
              Status | Open                      | Closed

guint64 was used to improve portability because not all compiler support the
type "unsigned long long". You are right to assume it is an openbsd bug
(perhaps not only on openbsd), you should report the problem to the person
maintaining glib package (port?) for openbsd. The other possible problem can
come from the compiler which does not understand what the glib "describes".

=================== BUG #3440: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: heschi                  Project: DcHub:  Hub software for Direct
Connect
Submitted on: Sat 05/03/2003 at 08:47
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  Works for me
Assigned to:  ericprev                Status:  Closed
Release:  0.4.3                       Platform Version:  None
Planned Release:  None                Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  I looked through the source, but everywhere I saw a share
size being stored I saw guint64. I'm assuming this is an openbsd bug.
Unfortunately I'm not the one running the server. Is there anything I should do
besides getting the output of printf("%d", sizeof(guint64)); ?

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Sat 05/03/2003 at 09:07       By: ericprev
guint64 was used to improve portability because not all compiler support the
type "unsigned long long". You are right to assume it is an openbsd bug
(perhaps not only on openbsd), you should report the problem to the person
maintaining glib package (port?) for openbsd. The other possible problem can
come from the compiler which does not understand what the glib "describes".

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3440&group_id=3963