dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Twice call for dazukofs_release

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Twice call for dazukofs_release
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:52:36 +0200

On 2010-10-21, Nil Nik <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just put a log in DazukoFS-3.1.3 to know work flow. I found that
> for a OPEN call file system calls function dazukofs_flush and
> dazukofs_release. (I think it because of internal call for
> dentry_open() function).
>
> Also for CLOSE call file system again calls dazukofs_flush() and
> dazukofs_release().
>
> I just want to know weather call for dazukofs_flush() or
> dazukofs_release() is because of internal call of dentry_open() or
> not?

Did you check the PID of the process doing the dazukofs_flush() and
dazukofs_release()?

Don't forget that when an OPEN happens, a second OPEN is also
performed for the registered process. When the registered process is
finished deciding if access may be allowed, it will CLOSE the
file. The events you trace should look something like this:

PID-1  OPEN
PID-2  OPEN
PID-2  CLOSE
PID-1  CLOSE

PID-1 is the anonymous process.
PID-2 is the registered process.

If you are interested in close events, you need to make sure you don't
capture the close events for the registered process.

Right now DazukoFS removes the registered process from the "mask list"
as soon as the OPEN is complete. If you want to track closes, you will
probably want to add a new DazukoFS command to close the file
descriptor. This will allow DazukoFS to again place the registered
process on the "mask list", close the file descriptor, and then remove
the process from the "mask list". It is important that a process is
not on the "mask list" while in userspace.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer