dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] dazukoFS and linux 2.6.33.1

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] dazukoFS and linux 2.6.33.1
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 23:24:49 +0200

On 2010-03-29, Frans de Boer <address@hidden> wrote:
> The current version of dazukoFS relies on a linux version before
> 2.6.33 since it supplies a NULL parameter (third) to the
> fsstack_copy_attr_all function. To be found in the inode.c file and
> another - do not remember which one.
>
> Can someone make the 3.1.3-rcx version compatible with the used
> linux kernel version? I changed things by hand and it works well
> now.

I have made the changes you mentioned, but have not performed any
tests. The new posted version is 3.1.3-rc2.

> One thing I am missing, is the possibility to specify directories to
> be excluded from a path. Such as directories which contain data that
> change every few seconds. DazukoFS does give me only a very little
> performance degradation, except when used so often. But maybe I am
> missing something?

The only way to have DazukoFS to ignore events is to not mount
DazukoFS over the directory. I realize this could be a problems if the
concerning directory is deep within directories where access should be
checked.

The application using DazukoFS could implement such a feature so that
the system load is reduced.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer