dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] OpenSuse 11.0: hang on shutdown

From: Wolfgang Knauf
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] OpenSuse 11.0: hang on shutdown
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:21:16 +0200

Don Chen wrote:

> Wolfgang Knauf wrote:

Hi all,

I "installed" DazukoFS 3.0.0 + OpenSuse 11.0 patch and my system does not shutdown when "/home" is mounted as DazuFS system.

If mounting "/usr" instead of "/home", shutdown works.

Hi Wolfgang,

I have the same situations for my Fedora 8 and AVG 8.5.
I tried to modify my fstab file like below :

/home/$user/.mozilla /home/$user/.mozilla dazukofs 0 0
/home/$user/.thunderbird    /home/$user/.thunderbird    dazukofs   0 0

It can avoid the issus.

Don

Hi Don,

thanks four your reply, but mounting e.g. "/home/$user/Desktop" results in this error message in boot.msg:
mount: mount point /home/$user/Desktop does not exist

Maybe this does not work with OpenSuse? If it does not work for you, too, it would at least explain why you don't experience the locks on shutdown ;-).

By the way: I think it is no good idea to allow the virus scanner to scan the Thunderbird mailbox file. If you receive a virus mail and the scanner detects it, then it will either block access to the mailbox file forever, or it might remove it. The first happened to me with Antivir and the "old" dazuko some time ago ;-) .

Thanks

Wolfgang