dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Clamuko: Can't register with Dazuko

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Clamuko: Can't register with Dazuko
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:45:50 +0100

Hi Dimitri,

I have never actually used ClamAV's Clamuko, so I hope I can help.

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
I followed the instructions in the dazuko README, and ... it works
(well, at least clamav's clamuko registers with dazuko).  I'm not really
sure if clamav is actually doing on-access scanning; I see no log entries to
that effect.

You can download a test-virus from:
http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

This is useful for testing if the on-access scanner is actually doing anything.

As per the README, I added "/sbin/insmod /usr/local/dazuko-2.0.3/dazuko.o to
my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file so that the module loads on boot.  Problem is, it
appears to load after clamav has initialized.  I therefore have to load the
module after boot, then restart clamav.

How is Clamuko getting started? Runlevel script from init.d? The easiest thing to do would be to find out where/how Clamuko is getting started and add the "insmod" line somewhere above that.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer