dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] kernel 2.6.5 - vanilla - configure failed

From: Holger Wansing
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] kernel 2.6.5 - vanilla - configure failed
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:41:53 +0200

Hi,

> -->>ups, this script deletes the version.h file in
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h (/usr/src/linux are my
> kernel-sources) Its clear to me now, why it didn't work.
> Sorry, I didn't realise, that this debian make-kpkg script was
> deleting this file after compiling a new kernel.

If version.h is deleted by the make-kpkg script, this must be
a special of the 2.6 kernel (or of the newer make-kpkg script -
unstable?).
I have build my 2.4 kernels with make-kpkg, too (on debian stable and
testing), and the version.h file still exists!

--
Greetings
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 0.9.6-claws
        under Debian GNU LINUX 3.0 Woody.
                Registered LinuxUser #311290
                        Spam filtering powered by Spamassassin.org