dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] kernel 2.6.5 - vanilla - configure failed

From: christian graf
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] kernel 2.6.5 - vanilla - configure failed
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:00:51 +0200

John, Holger,

thanks to your tips, they both have been very useful.

1) the configure problem solved
################################
 I used the debian way to configure the kernel:
make-kpkg kernel_image
dpkg -i <image>
this gives me a running kernel and as of today I never had any problems
with it. However, the dazuko-configure script fails.
If I do compile my kernel the normal way make clean bzImage modules
modules_install, the dazuko-configure runs without any problems.

2) the insmod-problem solved
#############################
Ups, I had mistakingly this kernel-option-enabled:
* Default Linux Capabilities (which is  CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y)
After disabling this option, the dazuko.ko gets inserted without any
problems.

3) ./example
hm, on my machine I used the mknod -m 600 /dev/dazuko c 253 0 and its
working like a cahrm. No devfs is used.

Thanks!

christian