dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Help!! Trouble compiling installing Dazuko

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Help!! Trouble compiling installing Dazuko
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:36:20 +0100

Hi,

Have you configured your kernel, as mentioned in FAQ#6? This means you copied the correct config-x.x.x file from the /boot directory to your kernel source directory (renaming it to ".config"). Then run:

make menuconfig

and quit and save the changes?

What is the output you get when you run Dazuko's "./configure" script?

Here is a quick set of steps that I did on my RedHat machine to get the kernel correctly configured:

cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
cp /boot/config-`uname -r` .config
make menuconfig
(Quit and Save, without making any changes)

Then unpack the Dazuko stuff and from the Dazuko directory:
./configure
make
make test

And for me it works. The important steps are copying the correct config file into the linux source directory and running "make menuconfig". If it complains that ncurses is not installed, you could also run "make oldconfig", but I have had limited success with this, so I don't usually tell people to use it.

When you do the steps as I listed them above, where do you run into problems?

John Ogness

address@hidden wrote:
Hi all,

I've been trying in vain for several weeks to get the Dazuko module to run
on any of my systems.  I'm using Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1 AS and
running kernel version 2.4.9.   I cannot seem to get around the kernel
mismatch error, regardless of which system I use (I have two).  I've been
through the FAQ and associated documentation more times than I can count,
but still cannot resolve this.  Any suggestions?

Robert Dwyer

--
Dazuko Maintainer