[Cp-tools-discuss] Re: cp-tools maintanance

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: cp-tools maintanance
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:34:32 +0200

Hi Alex,

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 12:44, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> Thanks for taking the initiative on cp-tools.  I really don't have too
> much time right now to help out, but I can remain an admin if it
> helps.  Would you mind if I add you as an admin for the
> cp-tools-discuss and cp-tools-commit lists?

Sure, please add me. I already "admin" the classpath (patches and
commit) mailinglist so I think I know what to do.

> Given that neither I nor Julian (who started the project) are actively
> pursing development, nor are probably planning to make independent
> releases of texidoclet (the original plan), perhaps we should
> reconsider merge with the main project for adminstrative simplicity?

I would propose to ask the savannah admins then to move the cp-tools
modules under the savannah classpath CVS project. That way everybody
that is already a GNU Classpath committer can easily help out with any
tool currently in the cp-tools project without any extra manual
administratoring from any of us. (I trust the GNU Classpath hackers to
be polite of course and not just grap and commit away on any cp-tools
project without discussing on the mailinglist first.)

Cheers,

Mark