Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Tasks and task assignments

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Tasks and task assignments
Date: 23 Feb 2002 20:01:14 -0800

JS> Hi, I've added a couple of tasks to the gjdoc subproject.  You
JS> have to browse for tasks assigned to 'any', as I've assigned them
JS> all to myself.

JS> And this is my first question: does it make sense that I assign
JS> them to myself in the first place, or is it better to assign them
JS> to 'None' and see if someone else wants to care about it?

Assign them to None, unless you think you do want to take
responsibility.

JS> My second question is, is there a way to configure Savannah so
JS> that you get notified when I add a task or make proceedings w.r.t
JS> a task? This would be nice because you'd be informed of newly
JS> found bugs/incomplete implementations, and also about those bugs
JS> being fixed/those implementations being completed.

I don't think this works for "Tasks", but does for "Support requests".

There's nothing on savannah that is supposed to be for "bugs" because
according to Nic, GNU has it's own bug reporting system, GNATS and
it's not currently integrated with savannah.  I've never used it, and
I'm not familiar with it.  I'm not sure whether we should or could use
it as yet.  It's certainly less convenient if it's not integrated with
savannah.  Nic, ideas?

Alex