Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Tasks and task assignments

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Tasks and task assignments
Date: 24 Feb 2002 17:50:38 +0000

Alex Lancaster <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't think this works for "Tasks", but does for "Support requests".
>
> There's nothing on savannah that is supposed to be for "bugs" because
> according to Nic, GNU has it's own bug reporting system, GNATS and
> it's not currently integrated with savannah.  I've never used it, and
> I'm not familiar with it.  I'm not sure whether we should or could use
> it as yet.  It's certainly less convenient if it's not integrated with
> savannah.  Nic, ideas?

Yes. Egg on face for us at the GNU project.

Savannah is of course Sourceforge. We didn't realise for a while, how
difficult it would be to integrate with GNATS (which is quite old but
also quite established).

GNATS works. So GNU are not keen to replace it just because savannah
doesn't talk to it yet.

Getting savannah to talk to GNATS would be easy,. but doing it per
project might not be so easy.

I'll let you know of developements, in the mean time we could setup a
GNATS separately, or find out if Classpath are using GNATS (a single
java projects GNATS would be quite cool).

I'll see what I can do.

Nic