Re: Feature request

From: Ed Neville
Subject: Re: Feature request
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 15:51:14 +0000

On 2020-12-13 08:31+0000, le-goodguy via GNU coreutils General Discussion wrote:
> I've been using the copy utility for many years now and I think a
> progress bar would be a nice feature to have.

The work around I suppose is to use dd or rsync

  dd if=... of=... status=progress

  rsync -avP

I too would have wanted this at one point in the past, but minimal and
quiet is often better, although it may not seem so at first.

What should be printed if when the source size is unknown, such as
/dev/zero?

Ed

--
Best regards,