Re: tee: use unbuffered stdout

From: Ντέντος Σταύρος
Subject: Re: tee: use unbuffered stdout
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 10:08:28 +0200

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 11:00 PM Pádraig Brady <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm guessing the issue is with the default buffering mode
> changing of the thing writing through the pipe.
> I.E. if you replaced tee with cat you'd see the same thing.
> Can you try using stdbuf on the filter before the tee, i.e.:
>
>   stdbuf -oL blah | tee blah

Hello Pádraig,

I had that already tried. And, any other combination of stdbuf.
However, since the call order was a script, calling a script, calling
an executable, it didn't really work at any level.

So, my solution was to force-sync calls on the "real" executable,
instead of any intermediate level.

Thank you, apologies for the uninformed call.