Re: Cannot "tail -F" multiple pipe files or streams?

From: Andrey Utkin
Subject: Re: Cannot "tail -F" multiple pipe files or streams?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:48:45 +0100

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 09:36:03AM -0700, Pádraig Brady wrote:

> Oh I wonder might we skip the initial blocking reads in the case where
> whe're outputting everything? I.E. for -c+0 and equivalent.

Thanks for looking into this.

I'd be happy to send some money to you or to whoever comes with a
functional patch (so please send your credentials!). Just a patch would
be enough for me, I'll put it to /etc/portage/patches/ on my Gentoo
workstations and system will automatically use it when it builds
coreutils.