Re: Help masking Stale file handle errors when using df

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Help masking Stale file handle errors when using df
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 16:36:06 +0000

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 12:06 AM Pádraig Brady <address@hidden> wrote:

> Unfortunately that's for a stripped binary.
> Note that was a large file to send to everyone.
> Also note it contains a RAM dump from your machine so is insecure to send
> publicly.

Thanks. I need to be cautious (what was I thinking..)

> Could you try with the unstripped binary. Something like:
>
> gdb -args coreutils-8.28/src/du -h --max-depth=1 .
> gdb> run
> gdb> bt

Thanks. I just tried that.. but no help.. The bt command doesn't return any
stack.

km²~/downloads/:coreutils-8.28> gdb -args ./src/du -h --max-depth=1 ~/.
GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux (7.2-75.el6)
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /home/kmodi/downloads/coreutils-8.28/src/du...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/kmodi/downloads/coreutils-8.28/src/du -h
--max-depth=1 /home/kmodi/.
596K    /home/kmodi/./.mcop
23M     /home/kmodi/./temp
40K     /home/kmodi/./.DV_Checklist
4.0K    /home/kmodi/./.adCwgCIC
270M    /home/kmodi/./hugo
24K     /home/kmodi/./.thumbnails
518M    /home/kmodi/./.rustup
152K    /home/kmodi/./.python-eggs
During startup program terminated with signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)
--