Regrading Tweaking chmod binary

From: Rohit Sehgal
Subject: Regrading Tweaking chmod binary
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 14:07:42 +0530

Hi,

I am a post graduate student at IIT Kanpur. I am currently working to build a android system that is capable of changing permissions of any file. I am clear with all sort of stuff that i will be doing after changing permissions, but currently I am stucked at place, where i want to tweak chmod.c file so that it could any file permission. I tried reading the code at coreutils git repo, but very much unclear about it. Can any one help me changing that chmod.c code such a way that if i input any file to utility then the permissions are changed accordingly. Lastly i want to build this system for android's chmod. I request you to please help in doing this as it will be a great help to my thesis work. Or lead me to a proper path.

Regards,
Rohit Sehgal,
Masters Student IIT Kanpur