request for extending ls command

From: DAMlAN DRAGOWSKl
Subject: request for extending ls command
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 14:10:30 +0100

I didn't find any remark on that extension in rejected extending requests,
so I propose to extend ls command for date range listing as it is
implemented in find command.

Below, there is a fragment from man find that I would like to move into ls
command.

"
      +n     for greater than n,

      -n     for less than n,

      n      for exactly n.

      -amin n
             File was last accessed n minutes ago.

      -anewer file
             File was last accessed more recently than file was modified.
If file is a symbolic link and the -H option or the -L option is in effect,
the access
             time of the file it points to is always used.

      -atime n
             File  was  last  accessed  n*24  hours  ago.   When find
figures out how many 24-hour periods ago the file was last accessed, any
fractional part is
             ignored, so to match -atime +1, a file has to have been
accessed at least two days ago.

      -cmin n
             File’s status was last changed n minutes ago.

      -cnewer file
             File’s status was last changed more recently than file was
modified.  If file is a symbolic link and the -H option or the -L option
 is  in  effect,
             the status-change time of the file it points to is always
used.

      -ctime n
             File’s  status  was  last  changed n*24 hours ago.  See the
comments for -atime to understand how rounding affects the interpretation
of file status
             change times.
"

Many time in my work I need to list only last hour of system logs file and
because of huge amount of files in directory it is not userfriendly to list
with -ltr option with teil -10 , or use find command. I prefer to use ls
command, but it has no such a options.

If you prefer I can commit my changes to ls commit to your repository and
you will reject or approve this change.

Greetings,

Damian Dragowski