Re: cut enhancement: -C as short option for --complement

From: Mark Krenz
Subject: Re: cut enhancement: -C as short option for --complement
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 21:10:29 +0000

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 08:54:31PM GMT, Jim Meyering [address@hidden] said the
following:
> > Eventually another option may come along and all the people who are used
>
> If we were adding options frequently and/or blindly,
> you might have a point, but we're well aware of the issues
> and add new options infrequently.  When we do, we take care
> not to impinge on existing abbreviations.

  Thank you for the good job you have been doing in filtering out the
bad requests. I feel that most GNU commands are consise and not
littered with useless options.

  If you don't like the suggestion of using -C for the short option,
then would you suggest another letter that would be better?

--
Mark Krenz
address@hidden

Sent from Mutt using GNU/Linux