Re: Files full of zeros with coreutils-8.11 and xfs (FIEMAP related?)

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: Files full of zeros with coreutils-8.11 and xfs (FIEMAP related?)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:39:39 +0200

Jim Meyering wrote:
> FYI, I see the same failure now using ext3 (and but not w/ext4)
> with rawhide's 2.6.39-0.rc2.git0.0.fc16.x86_64:

Correction.
The failure below is not on ext3, but on a loopback-mounted
ext4 file system.

The test detected that the current FS was ext3 -- and it's known
that this test is not useful on ext3 -- and since I was running it
as root, it creates a loopback ext4 file system on which to run the test.

>   + df -t ext3 .
>   + require_root_
>   + uid_is_privileged_
>   ++ id -u
>   + my_uid=0

However, other strange things are happening here.
I'm investigating.