circe-help

Re: [Circe-help] nickserv on freenode

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [Circe-help] nickserv on freenode
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:58:40 +0100 (CET)

Hello,
And thanks for your report.

> (setq circe-nickserv-alist
>   '(("irc.freenode.net"
>      "NickServ" "NickServ" "services."
>      "\C-b/msg\\s-NickServ\\s-identify\\s-<password>\C-b"
>      "PRIVMSG NickServ :IDENTIFY %s")))
>
> (setq circe-nickserv-passwords
>   `(("irc.freenode.net" "not-tellin")))

The main changes here are that you change the network name to
"irc.freenode.net" and add \C-b to the beginning and end of the
regex - do I see that right?

The change of the network name is necessary if you always use M-x
circe to connect to the network; if you use (circe ...) with the
correct network argument, it works as is (which is the recommended
way). I guess it might be a good idea to have the host name as the
network name, at least for freenode. Hm.

As for the regexp, Circe uses `string-match' of the regexp on the
privmsg, so it shouldn't matter whether you include the C-b there.
The regexp also works for me on freenode.

Regards,
        -- Jorgen