Re: Actor model implementation, seeking feedback

From: Ariela Wenner
Subject: Re: Actor model implementation, seeking feedback
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 23:16:44 -0300

Hi, Théo!

What I did is really the bare minimum to send and receive messages via req-rep
sockets, feel free to grab that if it is of any use to you. I've been thinking
about working on full-fledged bindings for nng, unfortunately I don't feel like
I have enough experience with the library to do so right now. Maybe in the
future :)

I've actually made a soft fork and stripped encryption, serialization and nng
(instead I used mailbox and a global "registry" to keep track of all actors) to
play around with just that idea! It definitely seemed to perform better. I might
upload that sometime.

Cheers!