Re: Actor model implementation, seeking feedback

From: Ariela Wenner
Subject: Re: Actor model implementation, seeking feedback
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 16:29:53 -0300

(so sorry about the duplicated mail, I forgot to hit reply to all)

Hey Vasilij, thanks for the feedback!

0. Haha I know, I legit found out about and got very interested in the actor
model wayyyy after I got into Scheme, and was pretty surprised when I read
they're related.

1. Why both? Well, mostly laziness. JSON seemed at the time an easy way to
package the nonce outside the cyphertext without changing the design I already
had. Very kludgy, and very likely to change in the future.

2. You're right! I actually hadn't thought about that! Guess I had a hard time
not conflating "unique and non-repeatable" with random numbers... would a
timestamp be a better (but probably still not ideal) approach?

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this thing!

Cheers!