"Live coding" on Mac OS X

From: Arnaud Bailly
Subject: "Live coding" on Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 15:29:53 +0200

Hello,

I am a chicken noob (and so far loving it). I am trying to do some
live coding/hot reloading like it's explained in this blog post by
Kooda https://www.upyum.com/en/post/7.xhtml and this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXB3I3S3vJc
But it's not working properly: What I observe is that when I change a
procedure that's called from the background thread, the thread becomes
blocked. Is this some new behaviour that's not taken into account in
those posts?

$ csi -version
CHICKEN
(c) 2008-2020, The CHICKEN Team
(c) 2000-2007, Felix L. Winkelmann
Version 5.2.0 (rev 317468e4)
macosx-unix-clang-x86-64 [ 64bit dload ptables ]

I am on Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7.

Thanks for your help.
--
Arnaud Bailly - @dr_c0d3