Segmentation Fault with IUP on chicken 5.2.0

From: Jeff Moon
Subject: Segmentation Fault with IUP on chicken 5.2.0
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 17:04:14 -0700

I am having some problems with segmentation faults under chicken.  I am running on SLES12 using chicken 5.2.0.  I have installed the iup egg version 1.9.5.  I have installed iup version 3.30 as well.  Whenever I do (import iup), I get a segmentation fault.  If I use csi, the first time I import I get a segmentation fault, but if I try to import it again it seems to succeed and then I can make windows and buttons just fine.  I made a test script that does a handle-exceptions around the first import, and using that I can compile executables that work OK as well.  Any ideas what could be causing this, or what I could do to track it down?

Here's my sample script:

(import simple-exceptions)

(handle-exceptions exn (print "Exception found") (import iup))

(import iup)

(show (dialog (label "Hello, world!")))

(main-loop)

(exit 0)