Re: [Chicken-users] Snowtar C5 patch

From: Lassi Kortela
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Snowtar C5 patch
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 09:54:00 +0300

Additionally, if anyone knows of a mirror for scheme now! packages/code, I'd
love to explore these and package some up for C5 (I'm awaiting on a response
from the person who maintained the website, as far as I can tell).

Are you talking about <http://snow-fort.org/>? It's maintained by Alex Shinn of Chibi-Scheme fame. He does reply to email, but he is quite busy so it may take a while.

Looking on web archive, there's some pretty fun and interesting sounding stuff
in there. Maybe we could create a snow compatibility egg to avoid code
duplication across snow eggs.

Again, not sure whether you are talking about <http://snow-fort.org/>. But if you are, all (or almost all) of that should be R7RS code, and should hence run in Chicken's R7RS mode. If a separate compatibility egg is needed, that's a sign of a problem that should be fixed upstream.

Some of the libs there contain Chibi-Scheme FFI stub files which would have to be ported to Chicken.

In case you are talking about the old Scheme Now! instead of snow-fort, IIRC most of those packages have been imported into snow-fort and/or some other, more modern package collection. Might want to diff the old snow and snow-fort package listings.