Re: [Chicken-users] installing breadline Was: is the readline egg dead?

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] installing breadline Was: is the readline egg dead?
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 08:32:16 +0100

Hello Erik,

> FWIW, breadline builds and loads flawlessly on the in-development
> version of Slackware.

That's interesting.  Could you please post the output of ldd run against
its .so file?  I did this on both Slackware 14.1 and Arch Linux, on
Slackware it wasn't linked against ncurses, on Arch Linux it was.  I got
the hint about linking to ncurses from this forum discussion [1].  Since
ncurses is a readline dependency in any case, I figured it wouldn't hurt
to always link to it.  But who knows, maybe I'll run into a user on
another distro which does things differently and expects them to link
against terminfo or so :)

Vasilij

[1]
https://forum.segger.com/index.php/Thread/925-libreadline-so-5-undefined-symbol-PC/