Re: [Chicken-users] is the readline egg dead?

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] is the readline egg dead?
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 09:07:45 +0100

Hello Kristian,

> I don't know about the status on the C4 readline egg, whether a C5 port is
> planned or whether it's considered obsolete.

I've contributed to the readline egg before and eventually reached the
conclusion that I'm better off developing my own with a different,
incompatible API.  I've also contacted its author regarding plans with a
C5 port and received no reply whatsoever.  For this reason I published
my version under the name breadline for C5, to show that it's a
completely different thing.

Vasilij