Re: [Chicken-users] SRFI-123 ported to Chicken 5

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SRFI-123 ported to Chicken 5
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 22:12:47 +0100

Hi Diego,

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 19:46:11 +0000 Diego <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've ported SRFI-123 to C5: https://github.com/dieggsy/srfi-123
>
> I also made some minor fixes to lingering issues I hadn't yet cleaned up.

Thanks.  I've added it to the coop.

A minor issue: srfi-4 is part of the CHICKEN core, not an egg.  Thus, it
should not be in `dependencies'.  chicken-install doesn't complain about
that, but it is a good practice to keep only eggs in the list of
dependencies.

> A couple questions:
>
> - Is there a way to make a wiki entry for the egg in the egg repo
> itself? I'd rather version control something like that rather than
> edit with the web interface.

That's not possible (at least not automatically).  You can always do it
manually though, but then you have to be careful not to clobber changes
made to the wiki.

Also note that wiki pages are stored in svn, so there is some sort of
version control behind the scenes.  You don't even have to use the web
interface.  You can edit files in your favorite text editor and use a
svn client to commit your changes.

> - How do I go about aliasing srfi.123 to srfi-123?

I don't know how to do that.

All the best.
Mario
--