Re: [Chicken-users] srfi-128 - almost

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] srfi-128 - almost
Date: 20 Aug 2018 19:24:28 +0200

The release-info worried me too - TLD; super simple: if nothing else changes, it should work as before.

To add it to the C5 coop send a note to the list that https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ThatGeoGuy/srfi-128/master/srfi-128.release-info it ready to go there.

Best

/Jörg

On Aug 18 2018, Jeremy Steward wrote:

On 08/18/2018 06:12 AM, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
On Aug 18 2018, Jeremy Steward wrote:

Hey Joerg,

I'm the maintainer for that egg.

I know; we talked about that before as I had packaged the same srfi under
the name of "comparators" before.

Ah, right. Now I remember :)

I'd be happy to review the pull request,
but just haven't had time. I can look it over tomorrow if necessary to
get things merged in properly.

I did not want to be pushy. It's just a nice example of a situation where
I'd like to consult alternative sources than those baked into
chicken-install.

No worries, I needed to get on this (and several other eggs). I've reviewed the PR, and tested with both CHICKEN 4.12.0 and 5.0.0rc1, and it all seems to be in working order. I've merged the PR and we should be good to go. Couple of questions in general though:

* How does updating the .release-info file work now, if you want to support CHICKEN 4 and 5 at the same time?

 * What do I need to do to add SRFI 128 to the coop?

Regards,