Re: [Chicken-users] srfi-128 - almost

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] srfi-128 - almost
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 09:30:13 +0200

Hi Jeremy,

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 15:55:36 -0600 Jeremy Steward <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 08/18/2018 06:12 AM, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
>> On Aug 18 2018, Jeremy Steward wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Joerg,
>>>
>>> I'm the maintainer for that egg.
>>
>> I know; we talked about that before as I had packaged the same srfi under
>> the name of "comparators" before.
>>

> Ah, right. Now I remember :)
>
>>> I'd be happy to review the pull request,
>>> but just haven't had time. I can look it over tomorrow if necessary to
>>> get things merged in properly.
>>
>> I did not want to be pushy. It's just a nice example of a situation where
>> I'd like to consult alternative sources than those baked into
>> chicken-install.
>>

> No worries, I needed to get on this (and several other eggs). I've
> reviewed the PR, and tested with both CHICKEN 4.12.0 and 5.0.0rc1, and
> it all seems to be in working order. I've merged the PR and we should
> be good to go. Couple of questions in general though:
>
>  * How does updating the .release-info file work now, if you want to
> support CHICKEN 4 and 5 at the same time?

If you intend to support both CHICKEN 4 and 5 using the same repo and
branch, using the same versioning scheme, you can use the same
.release-info file for both CHICKEN 4 and 5.

>  * What do I need to do to add SRFI 128 to the coop?

Just let we know when it is finished, give us the URL to the
.release-info file and we'll add it to the coop.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario