Re: [Chicken-users] Starting up spiffy for dynamic content

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Starting up spiffy for dynamic content
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 22:55:25 +0000

Hi,

>> Some preconceptions, yes, but I've used enough frameworks such as
>> this to make sure that I keep such preconceptions pretty
>> lightweight, so they're merely a guide as a search for how the
>> system wants to be used.  I thus did find vhost-map quickly, but the
>> documentation appeared to be telling me I was in the wrong place.
>
> It's a wiki, feel free to improve the wording in places where it's
> unclear.  I've been using Spiffy for too long to see these missing
> pieces.

I also found the request flow and control flow in spiffy quite tricky to
get my head around initially. However, having grokked it, I then went
back to the documentation and couldn't really work out any way of
improving it.

I think a lot of my challenges were around discoverability: spiffy makes
heavy use of parameters rather than procedure arguments which makes
finding out about the state available rather hard.

Once I'd worked out that I could use the vhost-map to override the
default behaviour, creating a "sealed app" became much easier.

Regards,
@ndy

--
address@hidden