Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with the "dollar" egg.

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with the "dollar" egg.
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 12:27:42 -0500

Daniel Carrera scripsit:

> Does that apply to other languages like Python?

Python does not work in the Chicken interpreter either.  :-) (Though in
principle one could write a Python egg using the Python/C API.)

But Python's FFI is accessible from the CPython interpreter, since there
is no other (commonly used) interface to CPython.

Chicken is primarily a compiled Scheme: the interpreter is slow
and inefficient, and provided mostly for testing, debugging, and
simple scripting.  If you are interested in interpreter-based Schemes
exclusively, I recommend Chibi Scheme.

--
John Cowan  address@hidden  http://ccil.org/~cowan
If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on