Re: [Chicken-users] Valuable SXPath documentation found

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Valuable SXPath documentation found
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:13:52 +0100

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:47:53AM -0600, Matt Gushee wrote:
> The other day I was struggling to figure out how to write a certain
> expression in native sxpath syntax. As has been discussed before, the
> available documentation leaves many questions unanswered, and some
> important documents are on sites that we can't access. I think Felix
> was having some trouble with that a while back too.

Hi Matt,

Yeah, the documentation is pretty sparse.  If you have found something
lacking, please consider adding to the available documentation.
I've tried to expand upon the available material by at least documenting
the API as much as possible, but what's really missing is a more
high-level overview or tutorial.

> Anyway, this time something occurred to me that is quite obvious in hindsight:
>

> http://web.archive.org/web/20070207182039/http://www196.pair.com/lisovsky/query/sxpath/
>
> I picked the date more or less at random. Anyway, I found a brief
> tutorial on the high-level syntax, and a directory full of examples,
> one of which showed me exactly what I needed to know.
>
> Maybe someone should create a mirror of the site?

A couple of weeks ago I contacted Oleg Kiselyov about the broken links
on the ssax homepage (ssax.sourceforge.net).  He fixed them, including
the links to Kirill Lisovsky's page, which got moved from pair.com to
his own(?) domain at metapaper.net.

Specifically, the content at the deeplink you posted has moved to
http://metapaper.net/query/sxpath/

I've also updated these links on the call-cc wiki, including on the
sxpath page.  I just noticed these "fixed" links were 404'ing too,
so I fixed them again to make them point to correct location once more.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net