Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem

From: Paul Nelson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:42:49 -0600

Success! WooHoo!!! :-D

The patch definitely did the trick. Thanks so much for hanging in there with me to get this figured out.

As promised, here is the link to my project on Github that will create a new EC2 instance and install qwiki: https://github.com/Pablosan/ec2_create_instance

I haven't added the patch to my qwiki_instance.sh script. Maybe I won't need to? Will checking this fix into trunk also update the Eggs repository?

I'll continue to work on my script as if this won't be available through chicken-install for now.

Cheers,
Paul

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 09:39:19PM -0600, Paul Nelson wrote:
> Finally, I run this last script by typing "sudo /etc/init.d/spiffy" and the
> web server starts up on port 8080 as expected, but I get a 500 error when
> attempting to access qwiki from a browser. Spiffy gives the following error:
>
> [Fri Feb 18 21:29:57 2011] "GET
> http://ec2-50-17-56-189.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080/ HTTP/1.1" Error:
> (symbolic-link?)
> cannot access file - No such file or directory
> /var/qwiki_data/svn_source/index

Lightbulb!

Here's what happens under Chicken 4.6.0:

#;1> (use posix)
#;2> (symbolic-link? "/foo")
#f

Here's what happens under Chicken 4.4.0:

#;1> (use posix)
#;2> (symbolic-link? "/foo")

Error: (symbolic-link?) cannot access file - No such file or directory: "/foo"

    Call history:

      <syntax>                (symbolic-link? "/foo")
      <eval>          (symbolic-link? "/foo") <--

The attached patch should fix qwiki's check so it also works for older
chickens.  Please give it a try and let me know how it works, so I can
commit it to trunk.

Cheers,
Peter
--