[Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report

From: Mark Carter
Subject: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:58:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Felix asked me to try compiling the latest version of chicken from git. I am
happy to announce that it all goes very well - expect for the command
chicken-install - which seems to be a Win7/Vista problem. Here's a more
detailed report of what I did:

I installed a fresh copy of cygwin - ensuring that chicken 3.4.0 was NOT
included in the installation. I then performed the following actions:
git clone http://chicken.wiki.br/git/chicken-core.git
cd chicken-core
make PLATFORM=cygwin confclean
make PLATFORM=cygwin PREFIX=/usr/local bootstrap
make PLATFORM=cygwin PREFIX=/usr/local CHICKEN=./chicken-boot
make PLATFORM=cygwin PREFIX=/usr/local install
cd ..
csi

csi worked successfully. I obtained the output
CHICKEN
(c)2008-2010 The Chicken Team
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
Version 4.4.1
windows-cygwin-x86 [ manyargs dload ptables ]
compiled 2010-03-12 on mcarter-PC (CYGWIN_NT-6.1)

#;1>

I also confirm that csc compiles a file correctly.

FYI, the git commit from which chicken was built is:
commit 590e58d9cfaed30d1b79abcc8bab4c13b80691ce