Re: [Chicken-users] Hygienic Chicken's desftruct issue

From: Alonso Andres
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Hygienic Chicken's desftruct issue
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:04:50 -0300

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:

> This was a silly mistake of mine (empty list is eq? to an empty list, but
> a list with anything in it creates a new unique cons cell, which is what
> that code should have done).  Thanks for catching it! It's been
> fixed and tagged. The new version 1.1 (with an additional hygiene
> issue fixed) should be available for download shortly.

Hi Peter, it works perfectly now, thanks!

I'd also like to suggest changing the procedure <type>-copy to
copy-<type>, since the former seems like we're dealing with a field
called "copy" (because the convention of creating procedures like
<type>-<field>) while the latter seems closer to the operation of
creating a new instance of the type, where the operation name appears
first, like make-<type>.

Best regards,

Alonso Andres