Re: [Chicken-users] hygienic egg PORT-A-MANIA!

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] hygienic egg PORT-A-MANIA!
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:36:53 +0200

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:38:53AM +0200, felix winkelmann wrote:
> Please contact me (or this list), if you need help or
> advice in the porting step. Note that this is also a
> convenient moment to get rid of obsolete extensions,
> or stuff that doesn't have a maintainer anymore.

I'd like to stress that people should only port those eggs they
actively use. This way cruft that nobody uses gets dropped automatically.
There are a *lot* of eggs, and maintaining them all will become
next to impossible unless we can trim them a bit.

If you do not want to port an egg and nobody seems to be willing
to do it, but you find the egg essential for your Chickening, send
a mail to the list with a Request For Portage.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx