Re: [Chicken-users] egg announcement: remote-repl

From: Tobia Conforto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg announcement: remote-repl
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:24:24 +0200

Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
There are several timeout, counter and other parameters - within chicken and elsewhere in my program - if I want to set them from a "remote-repl", which presumably runs in it's own thread

Untested idea:
you could thread-signal! a custom condition to the appropriate threads, whose topmost condition handler (outside any parameterize) would read the new parameter values from global variables, or from the condition object itself, and set them.

This would update the parameters on all threads involved, while preserving parameterize'd values.

Tobia